- Lack of credibility – The business has no faith in BW, usage rates are falling and there is an increase in off-line / non-BW reporting
- Reporting runtimes – As the amount of data increases so do the report runtimes
- Data loading – The daily load amounts stay the same, but the time taken for the updates to complete is constantly increasing
- Tablespace – You are constantly having to increase table space volumes month on month
- Poor solution design – Lack of housekeeping, poor cube and query design, lack of Data Store Objects etc.
The DVW SAP BW/BI Performance Improvement Programme utilizes a combination of experience, established best practice along with proprietary tools and methodology to help you address issues like these.
SHS Group realised the following BW benefits after engaging DVW for a programme of SAP BW/BI performance improvement:
- A 400% improvement in query run-time and a 400% improvement in database call time e.g. Debtors Analysis reduced from 60 seconds to just 6 seconds
- Increased table space capacity – Reduced from 98% usage to an acceptable 60% usage
- Improved data load time – Prior to the engagement it took over 60 hours to load a highly customised cube containing over 20 million records. As a result of the engagement we were able to reduce the load time to just 6 hours, a ten-fold improvement
- User Acceptance – The improved performance has led to satisfied users running reports quickly and efficiently. They are getting the data they need in a timely manner meaning that one of the biggest BI challenges facing organisations today has been addressed
Before you sign that contract for yet more hardware and software to address your business intelligence challenges consider the benefit of running an SAP BW/BI Performance Improvement Programme.