Please use the Glossary to understand the meaning of some of the terms used in this privacy notice. If you would like a pdf version of the policy, please contact us via our website at: https://www.dvwsolutions.com/contact-us.html.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
- DATA SECURITY
- DATA RETENTION
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
1. Important information and who we are
Purpose of this privacy notice
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with our Data Protection Policy (a copy of which is available to view at https://www.dvwsolutions.com/data-protection-policy.html) and any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you. This is so that you are fully aware, at all times, of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements our Data Protection Policy and any other notices and is not intended to override them.
We have appointed a data protection lead (DPL) who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact the DPL using the details set out below.
Name or title of DPL: Gerlize de Villiers – COO
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address: Bank House, 81 St Judes Road, Englefield Green, Surrey, TW20 0DF, UK
Telephone number: +44 (0) 845 838 3431
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (http://www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us (https://www.dvwsolutions.com/contact-us.html) in the first instance. We consider ourselves to be at the forefront of how personal data should be held and processed and want every opportunity to find out where you may believe that not be the case.
Changes to the privacy notice and your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
2. The data we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier and title.
- Contact Data includes billing address, email address, telephone numbers and other details provided by you upon registration for our services.
- Financial Data includes bank account and/or payment details.
- Transaction Data includes details of services we have provided to you.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, downloads made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose.
Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you via the website (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences via the website.
If you fail to provide personal data
3. How is your personal data collected?
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Communicate with us about, or enter into a contract for, our services;
- Create an account on our website;
- Subscribe to our service or publications;
- Download any resource available on our website;
- Request marketing to be sent to you; or
- Give us some feedback.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
- Technical Data from analytics providers, such as Google, based inside and outside the EU;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based inside the EU;
- Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House and the Electoral Register based inside the EU.
4. How we use your personal data
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us (https://www.dvwsolutions.com/contact-us.html) if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you
To process and deliver your order including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(e) Marketing and
a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary for our legitimate
interests (to recover debts due to us)
To manage our relationship with you which will include:
(b) Asking you to leave a review or take a survey
(d) Marketing and
(a) Performance of a contract with you
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
(c) Necessary for our legitimate
interests (to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our products/services)
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
(a) Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise)
(b) Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
(e) Marketing and
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy)
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business)
Promotional offers from us
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased services from us, or if you provided us with your details and consent when you downloaded resources from our website, and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
Change of purpose
If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us (https://www.dvwsolutions.com/contact-us.html).
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
5. Disclosures of your personal data
- Internal Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- External Third Parties as set out in the Glossary.
- Third parties to whom we may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets. Alternatively, we may seek to acquire other businesses or merge with them. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
6. International transfers
7. Data security
You can review DVW’s statement regarding the security measures we have in place to protect our data here: http://www.dvwsolutions.com/data-statement.html.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach, where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data retention
How long will you use my personal data for?
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are available in our retention policy, which you can view here: https://www.dvwsolutions.com/data-retention-policy.html.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
9. Your legal rights
Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-of-access/).
- Request correction of your personal data (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-rectification/).
- Request erasure of your personal data (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-erasure/).
- Object to processing of your personal data (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-object/).
- Request restriction of processing your personal data (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-restrict-processing/).
- Request transfer of your personal data (https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-data-portability/).
In addition to the above, you also have the right to withdraw consent to processing where the processing we are undertaking is being done so with you having given consent to it.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us (https://www.dvwsolutions.com/contact-us.html).
No fee usually required
Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
Performance of Contract means processing your data where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract.
Comply with a legal or regulatory obligation means processing your personal data where it is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to.
External Third Parties
- Service providers, acting as processors, based within the EEA who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers, acting as processors, including lawyers, accountants, bankers, auditors and insurers based within the United Kingdom who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities acting as processors or joint controllers based in the United Kingdom who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Your right to your personal data does not necessarily include a right to access or see content that is commercially sensitive or that may reveal another person’s personal data. Where this is the case, it will be made apparent to you, together with our reasoning for withholding any such data, when we respond to your data subject access request.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- If you want us to establish the data's accuracy;
- Where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it;
- Where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- You have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.