- Creation of a short, medium and long-term roadmap embedded into a BI Strategy;
- Building the business case for not only buying SAP BW on HANA, but also re-implementing;
- Definition of the design and build Standards for each of the components of the BI Strategy i.e. ETL (SAP Data services, SSIS, …), SAP BW on HANA, Flexible Modelling Platform (in their case with Microsoft Azure in mind), Data Blending and Wrangling tools within the Flexible Platform (Alteryx) and Visualisation Layer (SAP Business Objects, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, Qlikview).
- Putting in place adequate governance structures to ensure compliance with design standards;
- Assembling and running a team of experts to re-design and build the new SAP BW on HANA platform;
- Introducing new methodologies (Scrum, AGILE), phasing and team structures;
- Reducing the size of BI projects from multi-year to multi-months and multi-week in some cases, thereby dramatically reducing the spend on BI and increasing the success of these projects;
- Breaking down the cultural and technical barriers within the organisation to embrace the new approach; and
- End-user enablement.
We have recently completed a complex Flexible Reporting programme for a global consumer goods company where we were engaged to help them transform an underperforming SAP BW implementation into a sophisticated BI landscape underpinned by a “gold standard SAP BW on HANA implementation” (SAP’s words not ours!).
Our responsibilities included: