A field service engineer is at customer site and following an inspection of a piece of equipment decides that he needs to order spare parts for it.
- The engineer launches the smartphone application (custom developed).
- Application Framework for SAP) and takes a photo of the equipment serial number.
- Information on the equipment and related parts is retrieved automatically from SAP based on the serial number.
- The engineer then reviews the available spare parts and adds the required items to a shopping basket.
- The engineer saves the order which is transmitted directly to the back-end SAP system.
- A PDF order is generated locally on the smartphone and can be printed, emailed to the customer etc.